Oh, hey! Another [end of the month], another round-up! How was your long weekend? Funny how I used to blog from at least ten times a month down to just twice or if I’m being generous, once. Obviously, my day job has something to do with it, but if I’m being honest, I wouldn’t have it any other way. I’m now on my second month working as a Technical Writer, and I must say, it’s as challenging as my previous job in the editorial field.
In case you aren’t following along on Instagram and Snapchat, Roan, my sisters-in-law, and I travelled to Spokane and Seattle in Washington two weeks ago. It’s the first time in several years that my sisters-in-law were able to take a break from both work and school, and we can tell they had fun. As much as I love to share more about our trip, I haven’t really gotten into it since we got back. I hope to post them up on here very soon, so be on the watch!
Other updates worth mentioning include renewing lease in our current apartment. Roan and I didn’t really have a hard time deciding on it because our apartment complex is fairly new, and that the amenities are definitely a deal-breaker. We’re happy to get the best bang for our buck! This one year window allows us to look into houses that could be our future home. We’re not in a rush, but we’re certainly taking note of what’s on the market.
- When Season 6 of The Walking Dead ended, Roan immediately looked for a new show to watch. We finally decided to try watching Empire, and boy, was it a treat! It’s surprisingly good that we finished the two seasons on a whim. We started listening to the show’s OST, too. I think the show’s got the right amount of drama, romance, comedy, and action that I personally found entertaining. I gotta give it to Taraji P. Henson!
- Another show that we very much enjoy watching is Little Big Shots starring Steve Harvey. Besides knowing him from hosting Family Feud for many years, he’s that guy who made a mistake in announcing the Miss Universe 2015 winner (holler at my girl, Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach!). Anyway, I seriously think that he was able to redeem himself when he did this show. Little Big Shots showcases the extraordinary talents of kids from around the world. I swear, it’s super entertaining!
- Summer is right around the corner, and when the weather gets hotter, take note of these three summer refreshers to quench your thirst (nothing beats ice-cold water, though!):
- Mango Black Tea Lemonade from Starbucks
- Blood Orange Sweet Tea Ice Blended from The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf
- Mango Iced Tea from Chili’s
- Remember my post on outfits I wear to work? Well, can this hoodie-jeans-sneakers ensemble get any more casual? I’ve been wearing them a lot these days because they’re easy and comfortable!