Hello, guys! In case you’re wondering where I’ve been, well, I haven’t been too far. I just turned into a slug the past few days, which I certainly blame on the bed weather. I’ve gotten so lazy that I deliberately abandoned my blog for a week, including my draft on my ipsy October Glam Bag.
I’m going to make up for that today, and share with you my first impressions on both my October and November Glam Bags before I receive my subscription for next month. Unfortunately, the brand offers/promo codes for my October Glam Bag is only valid until today, so I’ve decided not to include them here anymore.
OCTOBER GLAM BAG: ALTER EGO
- Gold and black patent pouch. If you remember from my September Glam Bag, I got an almost similar golden pouch. This one from my October Glam Bag is not only gold, too; it’s smaller. It’s OK.
- MicaBeauty ipsy Exclusive Cream Shadow in Bronze. I’ve been wanting to get a new gold eyeshadow since I’m almost out of my old one, so I was pretty excited that ipsy sent me this. I thought I loved its consistency; however, I think the Super Shock Shadows by ColourPop glides more effortlessly.
- Emité Make Up Professional Slant Tweezer. I have never had tweezers like this one, and I have always been curious how it performs. I oftentimes see beauty experts use this when applying their false eyelashes, so I thought there must be something special about it. I think this tweezer is angled perfectly, making tweezing stray brow hairs ergonomic. I like that it’s heavy-duty stainless steel, too.
- Vasanti Cosmetics Brighten Up! Exfoliating Cleanser. This is one intense exfoliating cleanser! It has micro-beads that really help buff your skin and lift off any dry patches. Using this requires very gentle hands, though, because too much pressure could hurt. I wouldn’t recommend this to those with severe acne.
- Aromachology Exotic & Spicy Eau de Parfum. I’m not sure this scent is for me. I can’t quite put how it smells, but it’s too strong for my taste.
- theBalm Cosmetics Meet Matt(e) Hughes Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in Committed. I didn’t like its consistency in the beginning, but that’s entirely my fault because my lips were dry. I wore it again after I had my lips exfoliated and conditioned, and I loved it! I own a similar shade from NYX Soft Matte Lip Creme, and I think this one’s just as great! It works great on exfoliated and conditioned/primed lips.
NOVEMBER GLAM BAG: BEAUTY BLAST
- Intergalactic-themed pouch. I love purple, but the design of this month’s pouch was out of my league. It’s literally an eyesore to me.
- tucker ashley Perfecting Moisturizer. Evidently, I already own enough moisturizers to last me an entire year. I haven’t used it enough to know if it’s worth it, but I think I’m going to stick with my favorite moisturizers for now, and just give this away to a friend.
PROMO: 30% OFF any purchase. Use code: ipsy. Shop here.
- DERMELECT® ‘ME’ Peptide Infused Lacquer in Commando. Would you believe that I currently own just one shade of nail polish? I don’t always wear one, so it only makes sense that I don’t have a lot in my vanity. I LOVE THIS! Not only did it come in a natural shade that can be worn at any given season, its innovative twisted brush made it even more interesting! I noticed that I’ve been reaching for this one more often than the other since I got it!
PROMO: 20% OFF any purchase. Use code: ipsy. Shop here.
- tre’StiQue Mini Matte Lip Crayon in Florence Fig. This one’s my absolute favorite from this month’s glam bag! I have been literally wearing this lip crayon every single time Roan and I are out. I’d even wear this at home if I wanted to! I love how creamy its consistency is, but it’s matte. It doesn’t dry my lips at all! It’s also super blendable, so I pack on a few more coats for a darker shade at night.
PROMO: 35% off any purchase of orders over $40 + FREE SHIPPING. Use code: IPSYNOV35. Shop here.
- Smashbox Cosmetics Full Exposure Mascara. Perhaps I’ve tried more impressive mascaras in the past that this one didn’t make it to the cut. I got this in travel size, so I might as well give it another try when I leave for North Carolina this week.
PROMO: No brand offers available.
- Beaute Basics Gel Eyeliner with Gel Eyeliner Brush in Navy Blue. I’m not very experimental with my makeup looks, and I think I tried to stay as neutral as possible in my choices, so I was surprised to receive this gel eyeliner in navy blue, no less. For what it’s worth, I tried it on, and I hated everything about it. It could be that I’m not used to wearing gel eyeliners, but I just couldn’t say anything great about this product. Maybe, just maybe, I’ll try something else from this brand.
PROMO: 60% OFF any purchase. Use code. BBIPSY60. Shop here.