I know what you’re thinking—didn’t she already cancel her ipsy monthly subscription? I did, but only after I was charged in January, so I still got a glam bag for this month. On top of focusing on being financially responsible this year, I thought it was about damn time I let go of my monthly glam bag subscription. It’s been a long time coming, anyway. I realized that $10 monthly is not too heavy of a financial burden, but most of the things I received were either a hit or a miss, so I’m not exactly getting the best bang for my buck.
For the last time, allow me to walk you through my December 2015 and January 2016 Glam Bags:
DECEMBER 2015 GLAM BAG: WITH LOVE FROM IPSY
- Bright red-orange diamond-quilt style patent pouch. That’s the best I could describe this month’s pouch, and I hated it. I could probably stand one if it hadn’t been in this color. Le sigh.
- Marc Anthony Hair Care Coconut Oil & Shea Butter Deep Conditioning Treatment. I’ve used this product about three times since I received it, and while I loved its fragrance, I find that it makes my hair more oily in between shampoos. I think those with extremely dry hair may find this more beneficial.
- RickyCare by Ricky’s NYC Classic 3D Blender. I haven’t opened this because I currently use two beauty sponges (one by Real Techniques and another by BH Cosmetics), and I have a feeling that the one I received has the same texture as my sponge from BH Cosmetics. I haven’t tried using the highly-raved Beauty Blender, but my Real Techniques sponge is so far doing its job.
PROMO: 10% OFF the Classic 3D Blender. Use code: IPSY. Shop here.
- tarte Cosmetics Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder in Translucent. This is one of the two items I loved in my December glam bag. I have the e.l.f. Studio High Definition Powder in Translucent, but the one by tarte seems to be smoother than the other, but for its full size price? I think I’m going to stick with my $6 translucent powder for now.
PROMO: 20% OFF any purchase. Use code: IPSYDEC. Shop here.
- Pacifica Power of Love Natural Lipstick in Nudie Red. I wanted to love this, I really do, but its crayon-like fragrance was a total turn-off. It would have been a nice lipstick for everyday wear, and besides the fragrance, I think I already own a similar shade from ColourPop.
PROMO: 20% OFF any purchase. Use code: poweroflove. Shop here.
- ModelCo Lip Enhancer Illusion Lip Liner. This is the second item I loved in my December glam bag because not only is it a great lip liner, it can be worn as a lipstick, too! It came as a sample size only, which made it such a bummer.
PROMO: 20% OFF any purchase + FREE SHIPPING on orders $39+. Use code: IPSY20. Shop here.
JANUARY 2016 GLAM BAG: ALL EYES ON YOU
- Remember that obnoxious glam bag in November? Well, let’s just say I don’t know what to make of this month’s pouch. Totally giving it away to someone else (I gave away the galaxy pouch to my sister-in-law).
- pūr~lisse Blue Lotus 4-in-1 Eye Adore Serum. Have I mentioned before that at 29, I still haven’t used any anti-aging cream or eye serum? I know I need to start on one somewhere down the road, but I think my Asian genes have added ten more years onto my skin. This is the first time I’m using an eye serum, and I like that it feels cool upon application. I just wish I’d gotten a full size, though!
PROMO: 30% OFF any purchase. Use code: IPSYADORE30. Shop here.
- Skone Cosmetics Smudger Brusher. I don’t use much of the brushes I currently own, but I feel like this one’s ideal for when adding eyeshadow in the inner corners of my eyes more than using it as a smudge brush. What do you think?
PROMO: 15% OFF any purchase. Use code: ipsyJan. Shop here.
- theBalm Cosmetics Mr. Write (Now) Eyeliner Pencil in Scott B. Bordeaux (deep purple). I don’t know if you can tell, but I initially thought this was a dark brown eyeliner. It sort of registered as such in the photos, too, so I was surprised when I learned that it came in a deep purple shade. I received a full size version, so it wasn’t so bad.
PROMO: 20% OFF any purchase. Use code: IPSY20. Shop here.
- Pixi by Petra Mesmerizing Mineral Duo in Lavender Bloom. I received an eyeshadow trio by NYX in my September Glam Bag, which I hardly even use, so I kind of felt disappointed when I got another one in this month’s glam bag. When I tried to swatch them, however, the gold one was amazing! You can tell how more pigmented it is than the other shade by its color payoff!
PROMO: 15% OFF any purchase. Use code: IPSYJAN. Shop here.
- Hanalei Sugar Lip Scrub. This has got to be my absolute favorite from this loot. I used to make my own sugar lip scrub (it’s easy!), but since it’s au naturel, it’s important that I used it all up before it goes bad.
PROMO: 50% OFF any purchase. Use code: IPSYSCRUB. Shop here.
Important note: Promo codes are valid thru 31 January 2016 (December Glam Bag) and 29 February 2016 (January Glam Bag). Offer valid in US and Canada only. Cannot be combined with any other offers. Cannot be applied to a previous purchase. One time use only. Discount code is case sensitive.