Advance Happy Valentine’s, everyone! I know most lovebirds are excited for this year’s Valentine’s Day especially
I couldn’t bring myself to come up with a Valentine’s Day Gift Guide for Him/Her for obvious reasons, so I’m doing something a little different instead. Enter The Blogmopolitan Quiz: Valentine’s Day Edition! I’m linking up with Erin today for some fun facts about myself, my significant other, and our relationship. Read my answers below, and scroll further down for the expanded version:
- I never want my/a boyfriend to nickname me sexy. Maybe it’s just me, but I find it demeaning, especially when referring to women. I’d take Hey, beautiful at any given time and day.
- My celebrity crush is Channing Tatum. My college girl friends know this, and I’m not an ounce ashamed to admit it. There’s even a point in time when I binge-watched some of his lesser-known movies simply because he’s part of it.
- In a relationship, I would never move in together before marriage. We never did. I come from a conservative Catholic family, so this was never really an option even before we got engaged.
- My biggest turn on is chivalry, respect for women. I still believe that chivalry’s not dead, and that there are still men who treat women like they do their grandmother, mother, and sister(s).
- My biggest turn off is a smoker, an alcoholic, and who
cursesa lot. All that in one person is a major turn-off. I have never even dated one who smokes because no one in the family does.
- The sweetest thing a guy has ever done to me when he picked me up at my lowest. I won’t go further into details, but this is Roan. He was there during the lowest point in my life, and admired him more for that.
- I would definitely break up with a guy if he’s found guilty of cheating! Need I explain further?
- On a first date, a guy should always: pay. I don’t think I’ve ever dated anyone who let me pay. Roan did and always do even if I insist!
- You know you’re in love when you have this inexplicable smile on your smile. (Read: stupid, annoying smile)
- The best relationship advice is to “Fight for your marriage like it’s under attack from the powers of hell because it is”. I’m talking about marriage because that’s where we are right now. Marriage is sacred. It is a work-in-progress, and every day, both the husband and the wife must strive to make it work.
- The craziest thing I’ve ever done for love is to agree to be in a long-distance relationship. This kind of relationship setup isn’t for everyone. While I don’t recommend it to anyone, I’d like to break the common notion that it doesn’t work. Though difficult, it did for us; it’s only mind over matter.
- When I first started dating someone, I usually keep my walls up for quite a long time. Because when I first started dating someone, I was too young and too naïve to understand how it works.
- I would never date a guy who is violent/hurts women. Refer to my answer above.
- My ideal date would be a romantic dinner by the beach, lanterns, fireworks and all. Imagine that? Isn’t it lovely?
- A perfect Valentine’s Day gift is a weekend getaway! There’s no better way to celebrate than to travel and take a weekend off from the busy life of the city to recuperate!
- My dream guy is MY HUSBAND! No explanation necessary.
P.S. I’m celebrating my blog’s 3rd birthday this month, too! Don’t forget to join the giveaway!