This isn’t a typical blog post, but I needed a medium to convey all that is going on in my head right now (read: distressing) before I completely lose it. Allow me to enumerate them in no particular order:
- It’s been a week since the car accident. My father decided that we have the car scheduled for repair next week in time for its performance maintenance. The total body repair costs about Php 20,000++ (US$450++); however, during our last meeting, the person responsible for the body repair expenses can only commit to staggered payment scheme. According to him, he can only pledge at least Php 5,000 (US$110++) every payday; meaning to say, he will only complete paying off his obligation in two months. My father agreed to this albeit hesitant since we cannot really force him to pay in full if he is not capable to do so. We had him sign a an agreement based on his terms.
This morning, I sent that person an SMS to give him heads-up on this regard as well as reminding of his commitment. He is supposed to turnover the first of four installments this coming Saturday, but he continues to be elusive. What’s really getting into my nerves is the fact that I am compelled to shoulder the full expenses on his behalf because it is impossible to pay the service center on an installment basis (without having to use a credit card).
- The above-mentioned would result to an adjustment of work schedule on my part. I go to work on a 6:00AM to 2:00PM shift everyday, but I have to adjust my schedule (indefinitely) to match that of my brother’s (graveyard shift) so we’ll go to and from work together by public transportation.
Can you imagine the trouble we are about to get from something that is not entirely my fault? This is inconvenience at its finest.
- My husband has filed my petition packet (I-130) last week, but we haven’t received any updates on that yet. Oftentimes when at work, I would read topics with relevance to this kind of application, and I can’t help but feel discouraged about the possible 13 months waiting time as against the 5-month target by the US government. I was hoping I’d get to move in with my husband within this year, but chances seem so slim after reading through a handful of articles on this regard. His being in the US military service may help expedite the processing of my application, but we have no evidence to prove such claim yet. Just the thought of spending our first wedding anniversary apart is depressing on its own.
The cloud seems so dark, I find it difficult to see the silver lining in all these.