As if life can’t get any busier, April happened. I think I can officially say that April got my bum whooped! All three major aspects of my life—work, school, and personal—had been so crazy this month that even my bullet journal may have given up on me, completely overwhelmed by all of the things.
Work had been more demanding, to say the least. On top of literally chasing people around for documents to be reviewed and signed, the FDA walked in on us for periodic inspection; something we’ve all been gearing up for since November last year. Our department, which includes Roan, had been running around the entire facility like headless chickens to accommodate the FDA officers and assist them with their needs (i.e., providing supporting documentation, etc.). The most stressful part was scribing for an entire day during facility tour; it was an intimidating experience. School-wise, I can tell that it’s not as intense as my class last fall by simply looking at the course syllabus for this quarter. Our instructor is much more organized, making it easier to monitor what is required from students on a weekly basis. School is crazy in the sense that I know it’s easy, so I procrastinate instead of getting schoolwork done and over with.
April had been a blur in terms of personal life, and the three significant happenings this month (that I have good memory of) include my second anniversary as an immigrant here in the US, cancelling prior commitments to make it to our friend Ron‘s surprise birthday celebration in LA, and SCATTERBRAIN moving into a new-ish home. I rolled out a newsletter this week, filling some of you in on important changes to the website/blog (i.e., change in RSS feed URL, etc.). It’s the first newsletter I’d sent out since I religiously did so in 2015(?), but it won’t be the last. If you’d like to receive exclusive content and/or get first dibs on SCATTERBRAIN updates, then sign up for the newsletter.
Like I mentioned in my newsletter, I’m meticulously checking individual posts for broken URLs and/or missing images (due to a permalink change), so if you land on a “404 Error” page, do let me know, and I’ll get it fixed as soon as I can. That’s pretty much what I had spent my free time on when I’m not doing work- or school-related stuff this month. SCATTERBRAIN remains “under construction/blog maintenance” from the back-end, so please bear with me during this time.
- Longer daylight. While I miss the cold, winter nights, I’m enjoying the California sun these days. I’ve been less grumpy when Roan wakes me up early on weekends, knowing that we’ll be out and about the entire day.
- Adler Isaiah. Yes, that’s Ron and Jan‘s first-born, and I’m obsessed with the little goober! He’s nothing like any other baby I’ve had a chance to hang out with. He’s so sweet and he giggles a lot, too! (I shared a quick video on Snapchat on the day of Ron’s surprise birthday celebration.) I now understand why every member of their family is so obsessed with him! We can’t wait to see our favorite friends again next month for his baptism!
- New sunglasses. I discovered this California-based brand while hanging out in Encinitas with Roan one weekend. I loved their products so much that I immediately ordered these online (because the store we went to didn’t have a new stock item, and I didn’t want to buy a tried-on one). As soon as I got them in the mail, I ordered another pair to add to my growing arsenal of quality sunglasses! I think Roan thinks that I’ll be getting another pair (or two) sooner than later, (and he may be right). #supportlocal
- New daypack. I recently bought a new backpack (similar), which reminded me so much of my college days. I love that I can fit all my daily essentials in there, including my laptop (on days when I have to bring them to work or do schoolwork away from home). I posted a photo on my Instagram story the other day, and several folks asked what brand it was or where I got it from (actually got mine in-store from Sun Diego).
- Bare face. I haven’t been wearing make-up lately. Most of the time, I don’t feel it necessary to put on a full face, so I simply slather on some moisturizer and sunscreen. Some days, I apply some pressed powder and blush, too.
- The Crown. I’m not watching anything in particular, other than getting caught up on most recent episodes of Grey’s Anatomy. I chanced upon The Crown on Netflix, and watched it out of curiosity. I’m really glad I did because it turned out to be an interesting series about Queen Elizabeth II’s life! I binge-watched the entire season in one sitting last Friday (while working on my homework), and I can’t wait to watch the next season!
SHOP MY APRIL 2017 CURRENT FAVORITES